Her Hair, My Head is an information hub for women who are suffering from alopecia and hair loss. We aim to pull together informed advice that empowers and supports women to live with hair loss.
My name is Georgina and I am a mum to a very lively toddler, another baby on the way in June 2020 and a cat called Molly. I work part-time as a freelance journalist and spend the rest of the time bringing up my daughter. I set up this website to bring together useful information about alopecia & hair loss, advice on wigs & toppers, styling hints and tips, and to share my own hair loss journey.
My aim is to raise awareness of female hair loss and to help & support as many women as I can – both in the UK and around the world. I have already found an amazing support network on Instagram (you’ll find my ramblings and weird selfies @her_hair_my_head) and I would like to grow this network of strong, like-minded women who are holding each other up during, sharing their stories and making friends.
Random facts about me
- I love listening to eighties music (Fleetwood Mac is my all-time favourite band);
- Most of my clothing choices are bright and quirky prints – and I am a sucker for vintage items and a good charity shop bargain;
- I don’t like other people’s children or cats, but I love my child and my kitten;
- Even though I read a lot as part of my job, when I get time I get lost in crime novels;
- I like to drink all the wine (but I don’t cope well with hangovers…);
- I say what is on my mind and I love a bit of inappropriate banter.